Regaleali-Tasca d’Almerita is one of the most important wine-producing estates in Sicily. The Tasca d’Almerita agricultural Estate was founded 150 years ago in the Domain of Regaleali. The Estate size in 500 hectares (1235 acres), of which 260 hectares (654 acres) vineyards. It is located in heart of the island of Sicily at the border of the provinces of Agrigento and Palermo.
The altitude ranges from 450 metres to 650 metres above the sea level -(1350 to 1950 feet) and attributes to the Domain-a unique micro climate. This permits a late harvest compared to the rest of Sicily’s production areas and gives to the wines certain unique characteristics, thanks also to a careful selection of the vines.
1) Size of the Az. Agr Conte Tasca d’Almerita: 500 hectares (1235 acres).
2) Vineyards size: 260 hectares with new plantings up to 300 hectares (645 acres with new plantings up to 740 acres).
3) Grape varietals: Whites: Inzolia, Catarratto, Tasca varietal, Chardonnay.
Reds: Perricone, Nero d’Avola, Nerello Mascalese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.
4) Type of culture: Low trained on wires system.
5) Soil: Argillous and calcareous.
6) Average production per hectarc or acre: 80/90 quintals per hectare, 2/3 tons per acre.
7) Total bottles produced: about 2.200.000.
8) Percentageof wines produced: whites 50%, reds 32%, rosé 10%, crus 8%.
For a complete listing of the wines and their descriptions produced by the Tasca d’Almerita estate, please click here: Wines